The U.S. CDC added Russia, Nepal, and the Philippines to its Level 3 or "high" travel risk list for COVID-19 on Aug. 15.
Martial Law Film ‘Katips’ Bags Multiple Awards at the 70th FAMAS Awards
by: The Beat Asia
August 02, 2022
Martial Law film “Katips” bagged a total of seven awards out of the 17 nominations it received at the 70th Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences (FAMAS) Awards. The awarding ceremony was held last Saturday, July 30, at the newly renovated Metropolitan Theater.
“Katips” is a film based on the 2016 musical “Katips: Ang Mga Bagong Katipunero,” which won the Aliw Awards 2016 Best Musical Performance. It follows the stories of student activists in their fight for their ideals during the Martial Law.
Here is the full list of the film’s nominations and awards:
- Best Picture – Philstagers Films
- Best Actor – Vince Tañada
- Best Director – Vince Tañada
- Best Supporting Actor – Johnrey Rivas
- Best Cinematography – Manuel Abanto
- Best Musical Score – Pipo Cifra
- Best Original Song – “Sa Gitna ng Dulo” by Pipo Cifra (music) and Vince Tañada (lyrics)
- Best Actress – Nicole Laurel Asensio
- Best Actor – Jerome Ponce
- Best Supporting Actress – Adelle Ibarrientos
- Best Supporting Actor – Mon Confiado
- Best Screenplay – Vince Tañada
- Best Production Design – Roland Rubenecia
- Best Editing – Mark Jason Sucgang
- Best Original Song – “Manhid” by Pipo Cifra (music) and Vince Tañada (lyrics)
- Best Sound – Outpost Visual Frontier and Don Don Mendoza
- Best Visual Effects – Outpost Visual Frontier and John Joseph Tan
Subscribe to The Beat's newsletter to receive compelling, curated content straight to your inbox! You can also create an account with us for free to start bookmarking articles for later reading.
Is monkeypox contagious? What are its symptoms? Here's everything you need to know about monkeypox.
Over 2 million students are expected to benefit from the Libreng Sakay Program, according to the Light Rail Transit Authority.
You “donut” have to travel down south anymore to get a taste of Randy’s fluffier, larger, and soft, melts-in-your-mouth donuts.