The country’s largest book fair gave Filipino bibliophiles an early sign to start saving up by teasing its September event. Here are the dates to save!
Your Guide to Head in the Clouds Music & Arts Festival Manila 2022
by: The Beat Asia
November 16, 2022
It’s almost time for Head in the Clouds Music & Arts Festival Manila (HITC)!
Helmed by 88rising, the HITC festival is an annual music event that features artists from different parts of the world. Drawing crowds of up to 70,000 per show, the HITC festival is one of the most sought-after events in the entertainment scene. The good news? It will be staged in the Philippines on Dec. 9-10!
If you’re a newbie in the concert world, the best thing to do to ensure your first HITC festival goes smoothly is to be prepared. Check out our guide on how to survive—and enjoy—the forthcoming two-day festival.
Head in the Clouds 2022 Lineup
88rising’s highly anticipated festival is bringing in a powerhouse lineup of artists including headliners Jackson Wang, NIKI, Joji, Rich Brian, eaJ, and YOASOBI. Also gracing the music event are Ylona Garcia, MANILA GREY, Warren Hue, Zack Tabuldo, MILLI, GUAPDAD 4000, ATARASHII GAKKO!, and Grammy-winning electronic music producer Zedd. Special guests will be announced in the weeks leading up to the event so keep your eyes peeled on @hitcmanila’s updates.
Tickets are priced at P15,888 (Two-day VIP) and P12,888 (Two-day GA). Note that only two-day tickets are available. No single-day tickets are being offered. Buy your tickets via SM Tickets.
Short on funds because of the overwhelming post-pandemic concert revenge? You may pay for your HITC Manila ticket on a three-month installment basis with 0% interest. Just swing by the nearest SM ticketing outlet and pay using your BDO credit card.
VIP Ticket Perks
If you’re purchasing the two-day VIP pass, you can enjoy perks such as early entry, VIP restrooms, VIP viewing beside the stage, curated food and beverages, VIP festival merchandise (for purchase), an expanded seating area, and shaded rest areas.
Note that your VIP ticket purchase also comes with a free limited-edition HITC shirt.
The festival will take place at the SMDC Festival Grounds. If you’re unfamiliar with the venue, it’s the massive land area in front of Solaire Resort & Casino. It’s just a 10-minute walk from SM Mall of Asia Arena and a five-minute drive from SM Mall of Asia. We suggest going to the venue 30 minutes before the concert to avoid overcrowding and traffic in the area.
Things to Bring
- Given the festival will start at 2 PM, there’s no avoiding the scorching heat of the sun. It's best to apply sunscreen to prevent sunburn and negative skin reactions.
- Stay fashionable while keeping your eyes safe with cute sunglasses.
- If it rains and you don’t want to get wet, we recommend bringing an umbrella.
- Dance the night away without overthinking about your belongings by sporting an anti-theft bag.
- Standing up for long hours can be tiring. We suggest bringing a foldable blanket to lie on when your legs get tired of moving.
- You want to ensure you’re documenting the best moments of the show. Make sure to bring a portable charger so your smartphone doesn’t run out of battery.
Subscribe to The Beat's newsletter to receive compelling, curated content straight to your inbox! You can also create an account with us for free to start bookmarking articles for later reading.