Palais Garnier From ‘The Phantom of the Opera’ Now on Airbnb
by: The Beat Asia
February 16, 2023
Theatre fans are bound to be spoiled this year as Palais Garnier, home of Gaston Leroux’s “The Phantom of the Opera,” is now on Airbnb!
The online lodging platform is giving “phans” a rare opportunity to immerse in the magical world of “The Phantom of the Opera” through a Parisian accommodation.
Palais Garnier’s exclusive opera box has been converted into a Renaissance-themed bedroom depicting the stories that transpired in the renowned musical.
“My great-grandfather’s classic story has inspired so many people through the years. This is the perfect time to honor him and welcome ‘phans’ to the famous setting of his much-loved novel for a once-in-a-lifetime stay,” said Gaston Leroux’s great-granddaughter Veronique Leroux.
The exclusive “The Phantom of the Opera” experience includes:
- An overnight stay at the Box of Honour, aka the largest viewing area in the Palais Garnier
- A visit to the hidden areas of the Palais Garnier, including an underground lake
- Exclusive live ballet performance with one of the Opera de Paris Ballet dancers
- Exclusive recital by the talents of the Paris Opera Academy
- Dinner at the luxurious Foyer de la Danse, a historic dancing rehearsal area behind the stage
- A tour of the Palais Garnier’s private dancing studios
Guests may reserve a slot on Wednesday, March 1, via Airbnb. The one-night stay, which is slated for Sunday, July 16, is priced at EUR37.
Only those who have a verified Airbnb profile, a decent track record on the platform, and are aged 18+ are allowed to book.
Get the latest curated content with The Beat Asia's newsletters. Sign up now for a weekly dose of the best stories, events, and deals delivered straight to your inbox. Don't miss out! Click here to subscribe.