2023 Sustainable Cocktail Challenge: Hong Kong & Macau Local Final
August 03, 2023
The stage is set for the much-anticipated Local Final of the Sustainable Cocktail Challenge, a global initiative spearheaded by premium rum brand Flor de Caña. This event will bring together ten of Hong Kong and Macau's most talented mixologists in a spirited competition, where they will craft innovative cocktails with sustainability at their core.
Scheduled to take place at Daily Tot on Sept. 5 2023, the challenge will see competitors evaluated on the history and inspiration behind their cocktails, their use of sustainable ingredients and techniques, their creativity, as well as on the flavour and appearance of the cocktail.
Competing for the title of “Hong Kong and Macau’s Most Sustainable Bartender” are:
1. Ason Chan from Orka with "Tropical Temptation"
2. Babin Purja from Tell Camellia with "Red Rum"
3. Christy Wong from Cruise with "Cocontin-use"
4. Dip Sherpunja from Tell Camellia with "Re-gold"
5. Frederico Daniel Marasigan Fulgado from Antica Trattoria with "One More Time"
6. Gavin Liao from The St.Regis Bar, Macau with "Jungle Jungle"
7. Joe Lam from Ozone with "Best Match"
8. Limbu Bipan from The Daily Tot with "Sustentar Mango"
9. Morris Chang from Penicillin with "Vice Versa"
10. Phoenix from Orka with "Oriental Rume"
The winning mixologist will not only secure a place in the Asia Pacific Regional Final of the Sustainable Cocktail Challenge, to be held in Vietnam in November 2023, but also qualify for the Global Final, taking place in Nicaragua in 2024.
The Sustainable Cocktail Challenge draws in participating mixologists from over 30 countries and serves as a celebration of Flor de Caña’s commitment to sustainability. The Flor de Caña brand is recognized as the world’s first Carbon Neutral and Fair-Trade certified spirit, distilling its rum using 100% renewable energy. The brand captures and recycles all CO2 emissions during fermentation and has been planting 50,000 trees annually since 2005.
Get the latest curated content with The Beat Asia's newsletters. Sign up now for a weekly dose of the best stories, events, and deals delivered straight to your inbox. Don't miss out! Click here to subscribe.