Where to Buy Non-Alc Drinks This Sober October With Sipfree
by: The Beat Asia
October 07, 2022
After a raucous hot summer in Hong Kong, you may be looking for a reset or abstinence from alcohol as the weather cools and travel picks up again. With the first week of Sober October done and non-alcoholic beverages becoming more popular in the city, Hong Kongers are looking for ways to cut down on alcoholic consumption and become healthier.
Established in 2019, Hong Kong’s leading non-alcoholic drinks distributor and store Sipfree is set to make your Sober October pleasant and fruitful, with a wide range of low- and no-alcohol beers and ciders, wines, and spirits sold exclusively online and across Hong Kong supermarkets.
With a range of drinks found in 5-star hotels, restaurants, bars, and private clubs throughout the city, we guide you on the places to find Sipfree’s bestselling and leading products for your Sober October.
Non-alcoholic Craft Beers
0.5% Big Drop Brewing Co. Pine Trail Pale Ale
Brewed under the award-winning low-alcohol craft beer company Big Drop Brewing, Pine Trail Pale Ale is a best seller on Sipfree, featuring strong rosy and floral hoppy aromas with lime citrus bites on the palate. The Pale Ale won World’s Best Style and Pale Low Alcohol at the World Beer Awards in 2020.
- Enoteca, G/F, 35-41 Tong Chong Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, +852 2744 6000
- Picture House, 66 Yi Chun Street, Sai Kung, New Territories, +852 2792 6991
- Blue Supreme, 21 Tung Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, +852 5998 3088
- City Super Stores, multiple stores across Hong Kong, +852 2429 8588
0.5% VandeStreek Playground IPA
The Dutch-brewed bottled beer packs a punch with a fluffy carbonated alcoholic taste, brewed with five different varieties of American hops, with none of the alcohol present. The cloudy IPA holds a faint orange flavour and provokes tropical and citrus fruit notes on the nose, complemented with a subtle bitterness for an aftertaste.
- Ladies Recreation Club, 10 Old Peak Road, Mid-Levels, Hong Kong, +852 3199 3500
- The Cool Cousins, Room J, 11/F, Block 3, Camel Paint Building, 60 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, +852 3425 4611
- The Globe, 45-53A Graham Street, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2543
- The Bottle Shop, GF 114 Man Nin Street, Sai Kung, New Territories, +852 2791 1600
0.5% Big Drop Brewing Co. Citra IPA
Squeezing in that characteristically fruity flavour native to IPAs, this Big Drop version with minimal alcohol retains all the brightness of citrus and the twang of bitterness from hops. A tropical delight in a can, keep the good times rolling with pours that won’t weigh you down.
- Feather & Bone Group, multiple stores across Hong Kong, +852 6313 0513
- Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, Kellett Island, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 2832 2817
- Oliver's The Delicatessen, Shop 201-205, 2/F Landmark Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2810 7710
0.3% Mikkeller Drink'In The Sun American Wheat Ale
Transporting the craft beer experience of a wheat-based ale that’s full of hoppiness, the Mikkeller maintains the summery earthen flavours of its spiked counterparts, all whilst retaining a sense of delicateness. Drink it up from the bottle while it’s cool, for the ultimate refreshment that ends on a strong note of bitters.
- Liquor Land, 31 Staunton Street, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2327 0125
- Sheraton Four Points, 9 Yi Tung Road, Tung Chung, Lantau Island, +852 2535 0000,
- Café Isara, 18A Mui Wo Ferry Pier Road, Mui Wo, Lantau Island, +852 2470 1966
Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wines
0% Carl Jung Mousseux
Celebrating alcohol-free doesn’t require you to skip the uproarious ritual of popping bottles! A significantly less-calorically laden and alcohol-less version of Champagne, this Mousseux is a pleasantly bubbly and gorgeously sweet-smelling drink to clink with or accompany a festive feast too, so raise a glass and say cheers!
- Four Seasons Hotel, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong, +852 3196 8888
- Leeder Quay, 123 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong, +852 7074 0208
- Grappas, LG08, LG/F Lee Garden Two, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 3529 1871
0% Carl Jung Sparkling Rosé
Conjuring up summertime sensations with its notes of raspberries and strawberries, this sparkling pink wine is light and fine. A delicate fizz to add to any occasion, or to make a casual hangout become an occasion, its sleek taste is gentle and fruity.
- Grain, Shop 1, New Fortune House, 3-5 New Praya, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong, +852 3500 5870
- Market Place By Jasons, multiple stores across Hong Kong
- Feather & Bone Group, multiple stores across Hong Kong
Non-alc Spirits & Beverage Sets
0% Lyre's Dry London Gin
Capturing the intricate flavours that make Gin amazing, Lyre’s offers a top-shelf non-alcoholic interpretation that draws on fragrant juniper berries, freshness from citrus, and a kick of warmth from pepperberry, that rounds out into a characteristically dry finish. Enjoy this as you would with a simple G&T, or spruce things up with a sprig of rosemary, some grapefruit, and throw it on the rocks!
Available online via Sipfree
0% Aperol Spritz Set - 1x Lyre's Italian Spritz + 1x Carl Jung Mousseux
Famously an easy to knock back concoction thanks to their lightness, breezy spritzes have been transformed into completely alcohol-free versions thanks to Lyre’s artisanal Aperol and Campari inspired Italian Spritz. Conveniently paired with a Carl Jung Mousseux sparkling aperitif wine, splash in some bubbles and feel yourself get whisked away to the Amalfi Coastline.
Exclusively online via Sipfree
A cosmopolitan cocktail famously punchy yet lusciously drinkable, the one-of-a-kind Espresso Martini has been reinterpreted by Lyre’s into a non-alcoholic alternative that retains its unique palate. With this handy Lyre’s bottle duo, shake up some Lyre’s Coffee Originale with some Lyre’s White Cane Spirit and add in drops of cold drip or fresh espresso and vanilla syrup for a frothy, rich, and aromatic concoction. Swap the latter out for its spiced counterpart, the Lyre’s Spiced Cane Spirit, and you’ll have yourself a Salted Caramel Espresso Martini that’s got that extra sharp touch.
Available online via Sipfree
Subscribe to The Beat's newsletter to receive compelling, curated content straight to your inbox! You can also create an account with us for free to start bookmarking articles for later reading.